Sport Medicine doctors are specialists in the entire musculoskeletal system treating acute injuries (ligament sprains, muscle strains, joint dislocations, fractures) and managing chronic issues (osteoarthritis, tendinosis/bursitis, degenerative disc disease, joint instability). They treat patients of all ages and levels of activity; from active children to recreational and professional athletes to elderly household ambulators who wish to remain physically independent.
Treatment recommendations may include:
• Exercise and activity advice
• Physiotherapy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic therapy
• Medications or supplements
• Injections, many which can be performed on site under ultrasound guidance
• Referral to another specialist or surgeon for further evaluation